He specializes in resource-based sustainable development and energy and environmental-related sectoral strategies for governments, national oil companies, international oil companies, and utility companies.
In addition to his client work, Yahya has authored multiple studies with Strategy&, including
- Putting GCC cities in the loop: Sustainable growth in a circular economy
- Beyond bricks: Building a high impact research ecosystem in the GCC
- Three biases that impede local content development: Seeing through the illusions
- The outlook for renewable energy in the GCC: Mostly sunny with a chance of rain
- Rethinking oil-field partnerships in Saudi Arabia: Changing roles for the new era
- From technology adopters to innovators: How R&D can catalyze innovation in Middle East national oil companies
- Securing the future of natural gas in the GCC: Time for sustainable price reforms
Yahya has co-authored a book with the World Bank entitled Local Content Policies in the Oil and Gas Sector. He is also an Ideation Center board member and a member of the advisory board of the Energy & Earth Resource program at the University of Texas at Austin.
Yahya is a Fulbright fellow who holds a Ph.D. in energy and environmental economics from the Colorado School of Mines, a master’s in energy and earth resources from the University of Texas at Austin, and a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering from the Lebanese American University in Lebanon.